The EmPower New York and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Programs are not emergency-services programs. The programs do, however, attempt to respond to emergency situations within the program guidelines and the existing infrastructure for the provision of services.
Emergency: Heating system failure/inadequate heat for health reasons.
- AHP & Market Rate Customers
- Equipment can be installed prior to Program approval, if the participating contractor is willing to assume the financial risk.
- Projects started without Program review and approval must be submitted to the Program within 14 days after the start of work.
- If workscope approval is needed before installation, please submit the project and notify CLEAResult (email@example.com) of the emergency situation as soon as possible.
- Project will be prioritized for review, when possible. Turnaround times may be delayed during periods of increased submission volume.
- Low-Income Customers
- Refer customer to Heating Equipment Repair and Replacement (HERR) program prior to referral to EmPower.
- If service is rejected by HERR, project can be referred to EmPower only with documentation of the HERR rejection.
- Referral to and coordination with the local WAP Agency may be explored by Honeywell.
Non-Emergency: Heating system functions and provides inadequate heat but household expresses concerns about mild discomfort and/or inconvenience
- Follow normal procedures for Home Performance with ENERGY STAR or EmPower.
Resources for additional information: